Windows 10 is a versatile and powerful operating system, but like any complex software, it can encounter errors from time to time. One common error that Windows 10 users may encounter is the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error.
This error can be frustrating, as it can prevent certain applications from running correctly. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the meaning of the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error, its significance, potential causes, and provide detailed solutions to help you resolve this issue on your Windows 10 system.
- 1 Understanding the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” Error
- 2 Common Symptoms of the Error
- 3 Possible Causes of the Error
- 4 How to Fix MSVCP100.Dll is missing in Windows 10
- 4.1 Method 1: Re-installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package
- 4.2 Method 2: MSVCP100.Dll file restoration from the Recycle bin
- 4.3 Method 3: Use the System File Checker (SFC) command
- 4.4 Method 4: Scan for Viruses/ Malware
- 4.5 Method 5: Re-install the program that is giving the error
- 4.6 Method 6: Go for Start-up Repair of your System
- 4.7 Method 7: Reinstall Windows 10
- 5 Conclusion
Understanding the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” Error
Before we delve into the solutions, let’s first understand what the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error signifies:
- MSVCP100.dll: This is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file that is part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package. DLL files are essential components of Windows and are used by various software applications to perform specific functions.
- “is Missing” Error: This error message indicates that the MSVCP100.dll file required by an application is not present in the expected location or is corrupted. As a result, the application cannot function correctly and displays this error.
In simpler terms, when you encounter the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error, it means that a software program you’re trying to run cannot find or access the necessary DLL file, leading to a malfunction or failure to launch.
Common Symptoms of the Error
When you encounter the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error on your Windows 10 computer, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Error Message: The primary symptom is the appearance of a pop-up error message indicating that the MSVCP100.dll file is missing.
- Application Failure: The software or game you are attempting to run may fail to launch or may crash shortly after starting.
- System Instability: In some cases, this error can lead to system instability or unresponsiveness.
Now that we understand the symptoms, let’s explore the potential causes of the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error:
Possible Causes of the Error
To effectively troubleshoot and resolve this error, it’s crucial to identify its underlying causes. Here are some common reasons behind the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error:
- Missing or Corrupted DLL File: The most common cause is that the MSVCP100.dll file is either missing from your system or has become corrupted.
- Incorrect Software Installation: If a software program that relies on MSVCP100.dll was not installed correctly, it may not include the required DLL file.
- 32-bit vs. 64-bit Conflict: If you’re using a 64-bit version of Windows 10, you need to ensure that you have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of MSVCP100.dll installed if the application you’re using requires them.
- Malware or Virus Infections: Malicious software can corrupt or remove essential system files, including DLL files like MSVCP100.dll.
Now that we’ve identified the potential causes, let’s explore the solutions to fix the “MSVCP100.dll is Missing” error on Windows 10:
How to Fix MSVCP100.Dll is missing in Windows 10
A lot of users get irritated with the issue MSVCP100.Dll that’s why we have provided you with some solutions on how to get rid of this issue.
If you are also the one who is using the Windows 10 version and facing this issue then carry on to the article to have some solutions to fix it. Follow the solutions step by step.
Method 1: Re-installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package
Most of the time, the causal reason for this error is any program that you have installed in your device and it doesn’t have sufficient files. In order to fix this, you have followed the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Look for the Windows key present on your keyboard provided with the Windows logo. Press it and click on the Control panel.
Step 2: After opening the Control panel Window, look at the top in the right corner. Where you have to locate the option View by tab and then click on the option View by category.
Step 3: Now you have to select the option Uninstall a program that is present just below the Program settings.
Step 4: Have a look, which version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable program you are having in your device.
Step 5: Now click on that version which you noticed to have in your device and then uninstall that version.
Step 6: In case, you are having any of the other versions you have to uninstall it too.
Step 7: Once you have uninstalled it successfully, now you have to download the latest and up-to-date version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package.
Step 8: Make sure you are downloading it from Microsoft. Do not use any other website to install it.
Step 9: After downloading it successfully, you have to double-click on it and then install that file in your device.
Step 10: After installing the process is completed, restart your device once.
This method will resolve the issue. But in case you are still facing the error then move on to the next method.
Method 2: MSVCP100.Dll file restoration from the Recycle bin
Sometimes according to the report of many users, the file gets deleted from the device by mistake which may be moved into the recycle bin. But from the recycle bin the program cannot use it to carry on the work.
It needs to be present in a suitable folder to work properly. In such a condition you have to install the file from your recycle bin. But make sure you are installing a virus-free file from the recycle bin. Otherwise, it will give rise to another issue.
Method 3: Use the System File Checker (SFC) command
As we told above in the article, that the issue of MSVCP100.Dll can also be caused by corrupted or outdated files. In such a condition, you can use the command System, File Checker.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
Step 1: Press the combination of keys Windows key + X together in order to open the Command Prompt.
Step 2: A command prompt box will appear on your screen in which you have to type the below-mentioned command and then hit the Enter key.
Step 3: You will now have to wait for a moment until the process is completed.
Step 4: If the system will notice any of the glitches present in the files of your system at the time when the process is going on then it will replace these glitches files and the process will go on.
Step 5: Now restart your device after scanning your concludes.
At last, have a look if your error has resolved. If still not then move on and try the next step.
Method 4: Scan for Viruses/ Malware
Sometimes your files in your system get infected with viruses or malware and it prohibits the .dll file from running. In such a case, you have to run your software of anti-virus. After that have a look your issue has successfully flushed of.
Method 5: Re-install the program that is giving the error
You can try to reinstall the program that is giving the error. After performing this method successfully have a look if this trick has worked for you. No worry if not and move on to the next method.
Method 6: Go for Start-up Repair of your System
If all the above methods are unable to solve the problem, then you can try to Start-up the repair of your system. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: First of all press the Start button, then click on Settings, then click on updates and security and finally click on recovery.
Step 2: Click on the option Restart Now which is present below the Advanced startup.
Step 3: Once your device has restarted, you have to select the option Troubleshoot then Advanced option and then Startup settings and finally Restart.
Once your device has restarted, you have done it. This method will probably solve your issue.
Method 7: Reinstall Windows 10
Your last option to solve the issue is to delete the present Windows 10 application from your device and reinstall a new one.
This method will surely fix the error of MSVCP100.Dll is Missing in Windows 10. But make sure to perform this step as the last solution when all the above methods are useless for you.